Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Here are some poems which are based on a poem by New Zealand poet James K Baxter.

Te Puna is usual enough, it has a rugby club,
a cafe, Maramatanga Park, Wairoa River and even
the Minden Stairs that I have never been to.
My Dad, sister and I  do what families do - walk my dog to the four square, kayak together, go to
the park and run around like crazy people, visit
Te Puna Quarry, walk on Te Puna beach, travel,
feed chickens and visit old friends.
Doing nothing important


Simone

Te Puna is usual enough, it has Maramatanga Park,
Te Puna Beach, a fish and chip shop,
four square and even the Minden stairs
I have never been to. My dad, my uncle and I  
do what people do - drive to the beach to collect
shells, walk to the shops to get some
chocolate, eat fish and chips like pigs,
climb trees.
Doing nothing important


Rhapsody


Te Puna is usual enough, it has a beach, a park,
a quarry and even a reserve that I have
never been to. Denali, Cameron and I do what kids do -
Visit each others houses/orchards, eat sausages at the Country Fair, see animals at Ag day, run down to Maramatanga Park at cross country,buy lunch from the four square,
Doing nothing important
Rikihana

No comments:

Post a Comment